Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Workout

My training has changed abit...instead of just running, I am also training with a group called Crossfit here in Sioux Falls. Jesse, Cody and I are lucky enough to work with a trainer who knows what's he's doing, and is helping us set schedules and plans to meet our goals.
Well, today was the first day of Crossfit, which are the classes Cody, Jesse and I are training with. My training doesn't officially start until next month, but I am really determined about succeeding in this and thought it couldn't hurt to start early...well, I was wrong about one thing, it definately hurts. I am in quite a bit of pain from todays workout. I am going to try and go 5 days a week, but after today's workout, I will be lucky if I can walk tomorrow! But honestly, on some levels it's great to feel this worn out - at least I know I worked hard! And it helps so much to work with others, and have them push you and encourage you. Tomorrow I am going back for another hard workout and to discuss my diet plan, which I need extra help with since I don't eat meat and protein is so important when you're training. I am going to post the details of my training soon ... but for now I am worn out and need to get some rest for another day at the gym tomorrow!
If you have any questions for me please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Running is great for you, but I get so bored. What other exercises or training are you doing to get in shape? I also chose to start eating better. You should see our fridge! Let me know what sort of diet your trainer puts you on, that way i can copy it :) well, and others may be interested too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get bored to! I am trying to find some good music to listen to that can keep me going. I also find that when it is nice out running outside keeps my attention alot better! At crossfit, we do strength exercises with a lot of reps, at full energy. My suggestion is try to do some of these with someone...I know it definately helps me! Here are some of the workouts we are doing there:
    Warmup:
    20 lunges
    Bear Crawls (Walk across the room and back like a bear)
    20 Situps (Legs in a butterfly stretch and sit all the way up)
    20 Pushups
    200 Jump Rope
    (Do the above three times)

    Workout of the Day (Or W.O.D as they call it)
    30 pullups/60 squats/10 burpees (jump into a pushup, do a pushup, jump back up)
    15 pullups/30 squats/15 burpees
    30 pullups/60 squats/10 burpees

    The next day I did a similar warmup and 5000 Meters on a row machine...took me a while but I found the time passed more quickly than when I run.

    I will tell you more as I go! I really think you should follow along! If you go all out every workout you will feel a difference right away!

    Let me know if that helps at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i might try some of those things out. Im most likely joining a gym, but i dont know what to do really once i get there. sounds stupid but its the truth. ill run or go on the elliptical but after that im clueless. so thanks!

    ReplyDelete