Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First 5K and Overall Review

Yesterday my workout was to run a 5K which is 3.1 miles. And I have to tell you, not as easy as it sounds! First of all, since I'm not a runner, after a mile and a half I got pretty bored. But I kept at, finishing my 5K at a very slow 35 minutes and 23 seconds...obviously I have a lot of work to do.

Last week I met with Chris from Crossfit to discuss my eating habits. I am now writing everything I eat down, which is very helpful. Realizing that someone else can read what I eat makes me alot more cautious of what I eat. Chris told me that protein is really important, so I am trying to eat alot of foods that have protein. I am adding more nuts and seeds to my diet as well, and more fresh fruits and vegetables. If you have any questions about more specifically what I am doing to eat better, just let me know! And I have realizd already that works for some, deosn't alway work for everyone. But so far, this is working for me!

Today I have Crossfit again. Here is what my weekly workout is looking like so far.

Monday: Run
Tuesday: Crossfit
Wednesday: Crossfit
Thursday: Crossfit
Friday: Crossfit
Saturday:Crossfit
Sunday: Rest

SO far I am really liking it, even though I am still pretty sore. I will post more on Crossfit and the workouts in detail soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment