Friday, May 15, 2009

Final race day!

So it's been awhile since I have been on here, sorry about that! But I assure you I have been working hard! My last 5K went very well actually. I only dropped about a minute off my total time, but the difference in how I felt at the finish line, was huge. I felt good, not exhausted like my first race. I actually had fun. :) Maybe it had something to do with the fact I was listening to my ipod, or because my pace was matched the entire way by a fellow runner, but honestly I think it was my training. During my training, i did run alittle, but it wasn't all running, which actually worked in my favor. Crossfit not only made me want to work out, but it made it possible for me to work hard enough to not only finish a race, but feel good about it. So does that mean I am not nervous for today's final 5K in Brookings? Of course not, I'm not a runner, I will always be nervous about running in a race. But i am no longer nervous about finishing. And after this race, I m going to keep going with my intense workouts, and who knows, maybe even run another 5K sometime soon...or maybe even more than that? Well, let's not go crazy. :) See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment